BioPersi+ (Phytoseiulus persimilis) is a predatory mite, proven outstanding, aggressive and highly effective against spider mites. The adult female is a distinctive reddish-orange color (when feeding on spider mites) with a pear-shaped body. Its long front legs allow it to move quickly and easily navigate spider mite webs.
BioPersi+ is produced using a new alternative food system, a true revolution in the mass rearing of Phytoseiulus persimilis.
This innovative product contains predators which are initially pale white, but change to the typical reddish-orange once they start feeding on spider mites in the crop. The white to red color change confirms active predation and is a useful visual indicator. BioPersi+ has a higher fecundity than the traditional BioPersimilis: females lay over 19 eggs within 5 days, under favorable conditions. BioPersi+ displays better searching ability and control of spider mite hot spots.
Consult with your local BioBee representative.
A bottle contains 2,000/ 4,000 individuals: adults and young mobile stages, mixed in a medium. Carpoglyphus lactis eggs may also be present.
Also available in bottles of 10,000 and 20,000 individuals.
New application method: Sachets
At least 100 mites per sachet, pre-perforated, the sachets are ready to use.
BioPersi+ Speed Sachet: Recommended for hotspot treatment. Fast release 100+ mites/sachet for up to 5 days
BioPersi+ Classic Sachet: Recommended for preventive use. Slow release 300+ mites/sachet for up to 12 days
BioPersi+ Sachet Advantages
- Easy & convenient application
- Zero waste
- Precise application
- No direct contact with fruit or foliage
- The change in color offers proof of predation.
- BioPersi+ has a higher fecundity than the traditional Phytoseulus persimilis: females lay over 19 eggs within 5 days
- BioPersi+ displays better searching ability and control of hot spots, reaching its target quicker.
BioPersi+ may be hand-released, in bigger areas, they may also be released by drone or blower.
- Application of the mites should be during the early morning or late afternoon while the temperature is relatively mild.
- The product is supplied in cooled insulated boxes. It should be transported to the cultivated area (fields, greenhouses or net houses) in the same boxes.
- The individual bottles should be removed from the insulated box, one at a time.
- Before releasing, the bottle should be gently rotated to mix evenly, the mites and the vermiculite.
- The mites are released by gently tapping the opened bottle over the plants while walking between the rows of the crops.
The amount to be released is determined by the type of crop, field conditions, level of infestation and damage present in the crops.
Before combining BioPersi+ with any chemical pesticide in the crop, please consult your BioBee technical field representative.
Do not store in sunlight
Roll back and forth before use
Apply early morning or late afternoon
BioBee Sde Eliyahu Ltd. produces and markets biological products. Production is carried out using innovative techniques under controlled quality assurance standards such as ISO 9001:2015, as well as IOBC’s international standards for mass-production of insects. All products are tested to meet specification requirements before leaving the factory.
The success of biological pest control is affected by the crop’s initial pest population (upon application of the product), weather conditions and chemical residue present in the crop, among other possible aggravating factors.
Under no circumstance shall BioBee be liable for the outcome of the implementation in the field, as it has no control over local conditions, the application method, or the possible improper treatment/storage of the product.